«

»

Dec 18 2010

Creating a replacement plastic

One day as I was looking over the flyer for this machine I realized I was missing a plastic over the lower pop-bumper.

There is supposed to be a matching plastic on the lower pop bumper cap (shown to the right.)

 

I read up online and decided to try my hand at creating one.  I found the art online, printed it on thin paper, and attached a thin piece of acrylic with clear laminate.

The graphic I was lucky enough to find online.

 

I then used a Dremel to cut it to shape, and sanded/polished.

 

 

Just wow – you can barely tell which is the replacement.  If I clean up the curves, it will be a perfect match!  I didn’t expect this piece to turn out so well.  I still need to permanently affix it to the bumper cap.

 

About the author

Dave

2 comments

  1. mikemikeson

    I was missing the piece as well, thanks to your post, I was able to rebuild.

    1. Dave

      Glad I could help, Enjoy!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>